General Tax Planning
We specialise in the property rental sector and have over 200 clients who have rental income sources. Our client base includes professional full time landlords and landlords whose main income source is employment or self-employment and who have invested in one or more rental properties.
We offer tax advice on all aspects of the rental sector including residential, commercial, industrial, holiday letting, Airbnb and foreign lettings. The matters we deal with include:
- Tax deductible expenditure for rental profit calculations
- Capital Allowances, industrial buildings and Section 23 type reliefs
- Rent a Room Relief
- Home Renovation Incentives
- Tax aspects of short and long leases, including premiums on leases
- Rents paid to Non Resident Landlords
- The taxation of Non Resident landlords
- Foreign Rental income
We provide a compliance service to landlords, which includes the preparation of their tax return and rental income and expenditure account(s), including minimising their tax liabilities while ensuring their tax returns are filed in good time to avoid the imposition of penalties and interest.
We also advice on the tax aspects of other forms of Investment Income such as Deposit Interest, Dividend Income, Special Investment Products, Unit Trusts, PPIUs, Irish Real Estate Funds (IREF) and PPIREFs, Offshore funds, etc.